Its one of the main areas in owning a hot tub, looking after the water But by following these simple guidelines, maintaining crystal clear water should be a breeze:
● It is recommended that your hot tub should be fully drained and refilled at least every 12 weeks. This can range between 8 to 12 weeks depending on use.
● When refilling the spa the hose should always be placed in the filter bucket. This will help prevent air locks at the pump wet ends.
● Your spa water should be tested every two days. The readings you should be seeing are: Chlorine/Bromine 3-5ppm, PH between 7.2 and 7.6. Alkalinity between 80 and 120ppm.
● Adjust the chemical levels accordingly after testing with your strips. If you are using chlorine or bromine tablets, these should be checked at least every 2 weeks to ensure there are enough tablets in the dispenser.
● Should the PH level need adjusting up or down, weigh out 70 grams of adjust up or adjust down (depending on which way you have to adjust). Pre-mix this and add the solution to the spa water. Remember to run the pumps whenever adding any chemicals to allow them to circulate. After 20 minutes the pumps will shut off and you should then retest the PH level. If the PH is still too high/low, repeat the above until you have the level between 7.2 and 7.6 again.
● You should always remove your spa pillows when the spa is not in use. This will prolong their life. Also the manufacturer doesn’t cover pillow deterioration if they are left in the spa when its not in use.
● Your disposable filter should be changed every 3 to 4 months depending on use.
● The spa water level should be kept just above the highest jets. This will help prevent air being drawn in through the filter and causing an air lock at the pump.